Ritu Riyat is a public health professional specializing in stress and burnout in the workplace. She integrates 20+ years of personal and professional experience in health coaching, behavioral science, epidemiology, yoga, meditation, and digital health in designing simple and sustainable wellbeing solutions.
Her speaking engagements and professional work has been with some of the world’s leading biotech, fintech, and start-up companies and cutting edge Silicon Valley industry leaders.
Ritu has been featured in the New York Times, and is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post and other well established publications. Her course The Stress Detox: Reduce Stress and Burnout in the Workplace is a top-rated course on Udemy for Business and has reached over 1200 students worldwide.
An advocate for women’s health she created eatmovemeditate.com a wellness collective platform that gives voice to women of culture who share their wellness story.
Ritu holds her M.P.H. from the University of Southern California, an undergraduate degree in Human Genetics from UC Davis, her wellbeing coach certificate from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and is 500-hour certified yoga teacher. In her spare time, she can be found striking a yoga pose, sitting in silence, or writing about all things future of health.
Prior to her work as a social entrepreneur , Ritu was the Senior Program Manager of Wellbeing at Blue Shield of California where she developed an award winning wellness program and an Epidemiologist at LifeMasters.
For more information visit: www.rituriyat.com
Training and Certifications
Nutrition and Fitness Related:
- Certified Health Counselor (CHC) – Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, December 2011
- Member, American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
- Paleolithic Solution Seminar – Robb Wolf, April 2009, March 2010
- Primal Blueprint workshop- Mark Sisson February 2009
- Zone Diet workshop- Barry Sears June 2009
- Crossfit Level 1 Certified, June 2009; Level 1 Test, March 2011
Yoga and Mindfulness Related:
- 500 hr certified yoga instructor
- Science of Mindfulness training with Kelly McGonigal, August 2011 – June 2012
- Intermediate Qi gong training- The Longevity Center March 2011
- 10-day Vipassana course- December 2009/ August 2019
- Ayurveda Principles- Kerala Ayurveda Academy January 2008
- Certified Yoga Teacher – Greenpath Yoga, San Francisco January 2006
- Certified Yoga Teacher – The Yoga Institute, Mumbai, India January 2005
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist, MCHES
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) in Epidemiology, University of Southern California
- Bachelors of Science in Genetics, University of California, Davis