2. The blonde abroad: This girl was my go to guide for Iceland. I actually tried to replicate her exact out fit with the yellow jacket and denim shirt. Thanks for the tips Kiersten!
Happy Friday peeps!
The past 12 months have been an adventure to say the least. A year ago today I stepped onto a plane and said Bon Voyage to the bay area and Hello to my new nomadic life.
In honor of my travel anniversary, in today’s link love I give a shout out to some of my favorite travel hacks that kept me thriving on and off the beaten path. I’ll add the disclaimer that I’m more of a “fly by the seat of your pants” type of girl so I didn’t plan much, nonetheless these resources were super helpful.
There are a lot of travel blogs out there so its important to know what you’re looking when searching for a blog for advice. For me, I was looking for a female travel blog that talked about traveling in style. What can I say, I wanted to look cute for the occasion. Here were my go to girls:
1. Travel Fashion Girl: Head there to get a free travel packing list for your destination
Apps and Facebook Groups
Being a solo traveler can be lonely but it can also be very fulfilling if you open yourself up to new people and experiences. I tapped into facebook networks, friends, and apps to meet my tribe where ever I was. Here a few that were my faves.
3. Girls Love Travel: An amazing group of women who love to travel, I met up some badass adventure seekers along the way
4. TripAdvisor: Okay, it didn’t give me fashion advice but it certainly helped me get around cities and create a wish list of recommendations from people I met along the way.
5. AirBnB: I only stayed in one hotel my entire time away to meet my brother on a business trip. Otherwise it was airbnb, friends, and friends of friends.
I started this post off by saying I wanted to travel in style, having to deal with a few different climates meant packing efficiently and having versatile accessories. I’ll add to this list in due time, my number one favorite accessory was my bag.
6. Henri Bendel: I came across this brand while searching for a fashion friendly travel bag. The jetsetter bag became my ultimate travel companion. Since then I’ve added a few more pieces to my bendel collection.
And thats a wrap for this week’s link love!
Until next time, stay mindful my friends.